What are Cataracts & Some Natural Treatments
Article by: Dr Axe
What’s it like to have cataracts?
Imagine looking at everything through a fogged-up window and you’ll have somewhat of any idea what a cataract sufferer deals with.
- The older we get, the more likely cataracts become.
- Over 22 million Americans who are 40 or older currently have cataracts to some degree.
Cataracts don’t appear out of nowhere.
- Typically, a cataract takes several years to slowly develop.
- Cataracts are not caused by overusing the eyes and cannot be spread from one eye to the other.
- Most people opt for surgery when cataracts really start to interfere with their vision, but there are natural ways to prevent and slow the progression of a cataract.
- The majority of studies have been done with foods rather than supplements so fresh, whole foods really are your best weapon against cataracts.
- Natural treatment can help cataracts stop progressing even if they don’t go away completely on their own.
- There might soon be eye drops containing an organic compound that non-invasively treat cataracts.
- A healthy lifestyle, especially a diet rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, is key to overall eye health.