Bone Broth Recipe
- Any combination of these items: Raw grass fed organic bones
- Chicken: frames, thigh bones & 2 wings per frame, neck bones
- Beef/Lamb/Pork: marrow, meaty rib bones, any meaty bones that still have cartilage attached
- Up to 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Cup Wild Rice
- Sprouted beans are a great addition too
- Green Onions cut up and/or
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 celery stalks + tops
- Filtered water
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste. Optional herbs & spices: parsley, garlic & turmeric (to be added at the end)
Place bones in the pot and cover with water. Add apple cider vinegar. Pre-soak bones for one hour minimum.
After the pre-soak add the remaining ingredients.
Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover & simmer for 8-12 hours, longer if you have the time to do so. It will give you a richer flavor.
Once time is up turn off the heat and allow the broth to rest in the pot to cool.
Remove bones with tongs and leave any meaty residue in the pot.
Now you have 2 options – strain everything and have a clear broth or have a bone/veggie soup type broth.
You can also make broth in the slow cooker – use the low heat setting.
At bit about bone Broth:
Bone Broth is very healing to the stomach – when you heal the body from the inside out you may notice few problems with all things related to inflammation. Bone Broth also supplies a healthy dose of collogen which is very healing to tendons and joints. This is also a hardy low carb option as part of a weight loss program. Weight loss is often easier when you heal your tummy from the inside out.
Make quick work of this with an Instant Pot
On those days when stopping to cook is a problem this Bone Broth Protein Powder is a good choice: