Petitgrain: The Manly Lavender
See why Dr. Hill calls Petitgrain the “Manly Lavender.”
Petitgrain Essential Oils is used both in colognes and to help create a restful environment before bed.
The Amazing Health Benefits of Petitgrain Essential Oil
- Petitgrain is an excellent substitute when you want the relaxing benefits of Lavender in a more masculine scent.
- Petitgrain Essential oil has helped people come off of tranquillizers and other things and help them find restful sleep without the use of addictive medications.
- May help support healthy cardiovascular function*
- May provide antioxidant support*
- May support healthy immune function*
The Origin of Petitgrain Essential Oil
Petitgrain is from the bark of the bitter orange tree. Petitgrain oil is taken from the tree’s twigs and leaves and steam distilled to produce a refreshing, floral, and herbaceous essential oil. Neroli essential oil is derived from the blossoms of the bitter orange tree, and bitter orange essential oil comes from the rinds of the fruit through the process of expression. Petitgrain oil has been used historically for traditional health practices and has been a popular ingredient for the perfume industry since the 18th century.
Benefits of Petitgrain Essential Oil
Due to its chemical makeup, Petitgrain essential oil can be helpful in creating a calm, relaxed environment to promote feelings of relaxation.
How to Use Petitgrain Essential Oil
- Consider placing a few drops of Petitgrain on your pillows and bedding before going to bed in order to enjoy its aromatic benefits.
- Taking Petitgrain internally can help benefit internal systems like the cardiovascular, nervous, digestive, and immune systems.*
- To enjoy the internal benefits of Petitgrain oil for the body’s systems, add one to two drops of the oil to water or other beverages. (1)
DIY Beard Balm with Petitgrain Essential Oil
Beards have become more popular than they’ve ever been before. To keep coarse facial hair soft and manageable, try a little all natural DIY Beard Balm.
- All you need it Coconut Oil and a small container for the finished product
- Scoop 2 Tablespoons of Coconut oil into a small dish and melt.
- Add 4 drops of Petitgrain Essential Oil
- Pour mix into your container and allow to come to room temperature, it will solidify (2)