Spikenard – Sourced from Nepal
Article from doTERRA.com
Spikenard is native to the high altitudes of the Himalayan Mountains. This essential oil is steam distilled from the roots of the plant and has been valued for centuries, traditionally used to anoint people of high honor. In ancient times, Spikenard was associated with wellness, sacredness, and spiritual healing. Historically, Spikenard has been used to calm the mind and uplift moods. As one of the most chemically complex essential oils available, it is highly valued still today around the world for its aromatherapy benefits.
Plant Part: Roots
Sourcing Origin: Nepal
HOW TO USE
- Diffuse Spikenard when you need assistance calming your mind
- Put a few drops of Spikenard in the palms of your hands, cup your hands over your face, and inhale deeply for a calming sensation
- Add a few drops to your warm bath for an extra relaxing sensation
- If you are looking to relax for a restful night’s sleep, then apply a few drops of Spikenard to your feet or temples
- When feeling stressed, dilute Spikenard with Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage it into your temples and forehead
- For a relaxing scalp massage, add 5 drops to your conditioner
Spikenard has been used in perfume and in religious context in many countries for centuries.
Contact Us to Learn how to get this and other doTERRA Essential Oils at wholesale:
About the Author
Healthy Living ~ The POWER to Move Mountains! Essentially YOURS is all about you! We want to offer information, how to and the uses of doTERRA oils in small doses that are easy to understand. If you are new to Essential oils we look forward to connecting with you. If you have used essential oils for some time we hope our blog posts, videos and recipes are things you can use to motivate your team. Essentially YOURS our doTERRA Compliant Blog. We look forward to hearing from you - Follow us on Facebook and Instagram, like, share and comment. We love to hear what our followers have to say, what they want to see more of. We also have an online store with over 400 nutritional products on it at: PowerlineHealth.com Be sure to Contact us to learn how to become a Wholesale Buyer of doTERRA Essential Oils. Oh and feel free to "Ask Nurse Mary" ~ Mary Howard RN :)